Saturday, July 1, 2006

Wonderful Memories in DROK

It all begins from my mistakenly thought the "Nick" from my ICQ list was the Russian I met in TQLive. Well, it turned out this "Nick" is not Nick from Rostov-on-Don but Kalya from Moscow, whom I didn't really met in-person in the DROK summer camp back in 2002. Okay, it's my problem that I forgot he was ever on my ICQ list. Really, my mistake. He has been on the list for four years and I didn't really have a chat with him. Okay, he didn't come online often back then, but... Oh well!


Anyway, he told me that DROK was closed in 2003, sadly. Oh, it was such a wonderful camp! With wooden houses in the forest, and lots happy kids with disability that you couldn't even tell they are anything different from "normal" people because happiness makes them look so healthy, and so friendly. Hehe, just thinking of how interesting that I used to have corresponding with the students there who volunteer to help and run the camp. The beautiful Natalia, and cute Pasha, who couldn't write English but German. Haha.


Oh, it was such a wonderful memory. I know I can write much more about it, but I had to leave from grandparent's now. Will finish this later. :)

No comments: